Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 08, 2010

Today was a pretty decent day

except I broke a tooth; I'll have to make an appointment Monday to get it fixed if at all possible. It's my backmost molar and I guess all those years of impacted wisdom teeth going into it (I finally got those out a few years ago, at least) and a filling were just too much for it. It does hurt a little and I'm trying to be careful when eating, chewing on the other side.

Besides that, however, I had a good time at both jobs. I found out my manager at the store is leaving to go to another one; our shift lead got promoted the other day to another store, too, so there's a lot of change in personnel. But I know the new manager, and she is pretty nice, so I think we'll get along fine.

I got my latest two books from PaperbackSwap, the first two books of the Brother Cadfael series by Ellis Peters. Yay!

My feet aren't hurting as much (apparently getting toasty warm last night helped; they almost felt normal this morning and although they do hurt now, it's more in the background than usual, about like they are when I've taken ibuprofen. So that's good. And I'm not so tired that I feel like just crashing. I even got a ride home tonight so my forays into the wintry weather have been limited.

I think I'll try out my new National Geographic DVD-ROMs. I got them a couple of days ago but I've been too tired at night to do anything. I also need to work on the notes, although we're not having a game this week because Brenda has a doll meet-up (she is into the ball-jointed dolls and makes clothes for them to sell).

Okay, that's all for now. I'll check the news and get something to eat, then try to get a little accomplished.

No comments: