Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I did it again

I'm getting somewhat frustrated. I come in, blog a little, and then by 10 or 11 pm I move to the comfy chair with Snuggie and comforter to get warm and elevate my feet and the next thing I know it's 2 am and I've slept when I should have been doing other things, like the game notes, laundry, or cleaning. Cleaning is especially important at the moment because it's the time of the month I give offerings to Hekate, Who has a purification aspect, so the house should be reasonably clean--especially now, in the first month of the new year. (In fact, I did exactly the same thing on New Year's Eve--come home, fall asleep in the chair, etc., that I forgot to offer a libation to Her on the changing of the year. She is also a Goddess of liminal points, including time, so going from one year to the next is a time of offerings.)

The plan for several days has been to get up early and do this stuff then, when I'm refreshed. So far it hasn't worked, but the extra incentive of readying the house for Her may help. I hope so, at least.

No comments: