Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 07, 2010

I think I've mostly recovered

although I can barely walk. Last night I carried four canvas grocery bags home (very slowly) on already protesting feet. Once I got home I felt like someone had put me on a rack and then made me walk over hot spikes. But I am stubborn at times and refused to be daunted. I left work at 10 pm, spent about 20 minutes in Kroger, and it was after 11:30 when I got home, to give you a timeframe. Mind you, I live less than a mile from the grocery store.

So last night was mostly sitting with my feet up and the massaging cushion going, and eating a bit, then turning in. I just couldn't blog. This morning I'm sore and my feet feel very bad, but I'm hoping as I walk it will get better; they're marginally better after a shower, anyway. I have a lot of walking to do today so I'm hoping they hold up. I'm also sneezing and congested, and it took a lot of effort to get up this morning for work.

The snow is coming down but so far hasn't done much. We're still supposed to get 2-4 inches today, though I think they pushed the timing back a bit and it's supposed to really start about now, which, judging by the rate of fall, is about right.

Okay, I've got to head to the bus stop now--with my feet the way they are it's going to take longer to get there, I think. Wish me luck, especially with the many errands I have this afternoon for a friend that involves multiple bus rides and walking. And let's hope I can get a cab home tonight.

Take care.

No comments: