Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I don't want to sound like a complete and utter wuss

But I was in such pain on the way home tonight I broke down and cried. I was able to keep going on by controlled breathing, but barely, although I was determined to make it home. My tendonitis is the main problem tonight, sending shooting, hot pain up my legs to my thighs. My left foot felt like it was tearing in the heel; that may have been the spur. Now that I'm off my feet they're still aching, but it's nowhere near the intensity as when I was walking.

Yesterday I got the impressions of my feet for my orthotics, but they'll be ready in four to six weeks. I think it's time to go back to Dr Rooney and see if there's anything they can do. The only other thing I can think to do is find another part-time job that doesn't require standing for long periods of time. Years ago a psychic predicted that I would be crippled, in a wheelchair by the time I was in my 40s. I really don't want that to happen. I just want to walk without pain. That may mean losing weight, taking cortisone shots, finding another job, whatever. But something's got to give....

No comments: