Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 29, 2010

I feel pretty good

I had a nice long rest, and I didn't have to get up and take any pain pills. In fact, I'm not really in enough pain to warrant them at this point. Yesterday I wasn't really hungry (I guess that meal at Long John Silver's stayed with me), so I just had a few bites of ice cream to settle my stomach for the medicine. It did hurt to eat a little then. Today I am hungry, so I've graduated up to soup, some minestrone. I'm chewing the pasta and vegetables on my other side, but my jaw isn't hurting at all like it was yesterday, at least while chewing (there's a faint pain afterwards, and of course, if I accidentally brush against the outside of my jaw, that hurts). But generally, I feel great, just still kind of tired, even with all the sleep, like my energy's being sapped; no doubt it's all going into healing. And I haven't really tried talking yet. I'm tired enough that I will stay home from the hospital; it was kind of conditional depending on how I feel. But I definitely feel I'm on the mend.

No comments: