Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 08, 2010

It looks like we got 3 inches of snow or so

And I feel a lot better this morning. I got into the recliner with a Snuggie and my comforter and fell asleep until 2 am, quite toasty to the point where my feet relaxed. Now I'm ready to go fight it all again.

Today I work at both places, so I'll be coming home at 10 pm, but I think someone else is getting off then and can give me a ride. Right now it's 9 degrees/-6 below wind chill factor. Tonight will be worse, no doubt. I definitely went looking for a misplaced undershirt (we're allowed to wear a black, long-sleeved shirt under the other at the gas station) so I wouldn't freeze with all the doors opening and closing this evening.

I checked and when I got everything yesterday I wound up in the minus column by 12 dollars (although that's pending, so nothing's bounced). My friend wrote a cheque reimbursing me, but even though I'll put that in today, the funds won't be available until Monday. I happen to have $13 in cash on me, so I'll put that in this afternoon, too, and that will cover the deficit, but it means no money until Monday. Fortunately I get paid at both jobs next week; this is the closest I've run on my account in months. I'm taking a couple of packages of Indian food for lunch--basmati rice pilaf with nuts and a mashed vegetable curry. At least I'd just gotten some groceries so I'm good on food for the weekend.

Okay, time to go. Have a great day.

No comments: