Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 31, 2010

It was the graphics card

somehow interfering with the integrated Ethernet connexion. So I took out the card and was able to get back online. The card worked great, but I'm going to take it back since frankly, having access to the Internet is more important than the screen being pretty.

I think I'll give up on trying to upgrade this computer. Granted, I need some more speed (the graphics aren't really that important; the memory is). But memory and a card that works with my system would be about $200. A new computer that has 2 GB memory and comes with a flat-screen monitor is about $350. As long as I can still put money towards the car, I'll think about it. In the meantime, I can live with what I have.

Oh, well, it was worth a try, I suppose.

No comments: