Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Cold

Like much of the country, Central Kentucky is rather frigid at the moment, and there's a weather advisory out for tomorrow night and Thursday for 3-5 inches of snow with winds at 25 mph and gusts higher than that. Tonight I stayed at work an hour and a half after clocking out to get a ride from a co-worker. Tomorrow night the scheduling is such that I'll have no such luck, so most likely I will be very cold despite bundling up. I'll be glad when it warms up, even it's just to, say 40 degrees (Fahrenheit). I've been waiting at the bus stop in the morning with wind chills in the 2 to -2 degree range.

So if you're in the northern hemisphere, stay warm if at all possible. I know some of you in the southern hemisphere are dealing with record heat and fires, or rain and flooding. Good luck with those issues as well.

All in all the weather is lousy over much of the world lately. Here's to balmy springtime days to come.

PS At least we're not dealing with ice storms just yet. The Bluegrass region has a terrible tendency to get the 'wintry mix' that leads to much ice and downed trees and power lines. I've heard Northerners who are used to feet of snow say they'd rather deal with that than a Kentucky ice storm.

No comments: