Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 11, 2010

Shakes head in disbelief

Some guy is taking information from a credit card over the phone a couple seats away from me and is repeating every bit of it out loud for anyone to steal. I can't tell if he's ordering something for someone or if he's actually asking someone as a business thing. I think the latter, as he didn't know the person's e-mail and it appears to be a business credit card. I can't believe someone would do this.

Wait. I can. There are a lot of stupid people in the world. But the sad thing is that the man/woman on the other line has no idea he's doing this in a public library, I suspect. Agh.

PS He just ended the call and apparently it's some family member helping him out with school. I only hope no one else took down that information. Gee.

No comments: