Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti disaster relief--a worthy cause

Normally when I spotlight a particular disaster, I do what I can to inform people of organisations willing to help, but can't afford to donate myself. But I got paid today and it was a good cheque due to working double time on New Year's Day, so I made contributions to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) (they have a team there normally, but their facilities were damaged and their personnel and patients may be hurt; they're sending reinforcements to help) and the American Red Cross (material aid is on the way from the Panama; an initial $200,000 has been pledged but will surely increase).

Latest reports say that Port-au-Prince is devastated and that as many as 3 million people have been affected by the quake.

Please do what you can to help the victims of this disaster. I didn't donate much, really, but my donation taken with the many others that are made make all the difference.

No comments: