Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 27, 2017

One last post for the evening

as I am running off my phone plan's hotspot allowance, rather than WiFi or anything like that.

My mom is at home. The nursing home wouldn't take her, apparently, so my step-dad cleared out the back bedroom and put a hospital bed in there for her. She's doing somewhat better, although not too keen on the whole dying part. I hope hospice can help them come to terms with that.

It puts me in a quandry, I'm afraid. I promised a couple of years ago that I would not go to the house for some very valid reasons, which still remain, involving some relatives' and others' [not my step-father or mom] heavy drug use with discarded and infected needles left about. I have visited my mom as I have been able to when she has been in the hospital, but not at her home. As much as I would like to, I cannot visit her there now. My step-father, John, knows why, but I don't know if he's ever told my mom. Now it's an issue and, unfortunately, an unresolved one. If I find a way around it, I'll try to visit. But so far, unless she goes back into the hospital, I don't know of a way around it.

Anyway, it makes me sad to think of her there, dying. My step-father, I know, is taking it hard, too. But I can't compromise my health and safety, either. :(

No comments: