Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 02, 2017

So...

I found a job to apply for that is nearly perfect. The catch? It's in Louisville, an hour and a half away. I'm really not in a position to move, so it would mean driving there and back each weekday. Have any of you gone back and forth from Lexington to Louisville for a work commute daily? On the one hand, I do have driving anxiety, and weather and accidents can be a problem. On the other, it sounds fabulous--it's the curator of the Jewish Collection at the Filson Historical Society, and would use my educational background to the utmost--I have an MLS, a history degree, and a minor in Judaic Studies, was trained in cataloguing, archives, and preservation, and this is the most excited I've been about a job prospect for awhile. What do you think? Is it doable?

No comments: