Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yay, more fish!

Brenda brought two black swordtails for me--a male and a female--when she came to the game today, with some duckweed thrown in. I just acclimated them to the tank and fed everyone. The swords are very active but aren't bothering the baby platies. They are already mating, so hopefully soon I'll have little swords as well. I haven't had a chance to check the water quality lately, but I did put a capful of nitrate-fixing bacteria in for good measure (it's good on a monthly basis for maintaining the tank). Turns out the swords like algae and are tearing into the stuff that's still left over from when the nitrates got so bad. I'll take some water over to Animal House sometime this week and have them check, since they use a liquid test kit rather than the dip sticks, the former being more accurate.

Okay, that's all for now. I'm getting very sleepy. I want to watch the last episode of 'Heroes' in preparation for the season finale tomorrow, but I'm too tired right now. I'm going to try to get up later to do it.

No comments: