Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, April 13, 2009

Sick

I woke up with some sort of crud that gives you a sore throat, headache, coughing, copious mucous, and aches everywhere from your toes to behind your eyeballs. Even the back of my head feels swollen. I'm not running a temperature, although I feel like I am. It may just be bad sinus issues--Kentucky is notorious for it (I've heard the Indians called the Ohio Valley 'the land of death', but that may just be a folk tale), I've had trouble with it a good part of my life, and a front of storms is moving in to the area. Or it could be sinuses plus fibromyalgia, something I have but have mostly dealt with time. Still, there are days I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck, and this is one of them. I called into work and got a couple of hours' more rest, then got up to see if a shower would help (it didn't, it just made me snottier) and get some food in my stomach. I'm going back to rest some more now, I think. Ugh.

No comments: