Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Well, one good thing about being up

I checked, and my second payday has happened for the week, so I now have the funds to cover the car repair, my phone bill, the pizza, and groceries. The cable and electric bill get paid with next week's cheque from the gas station. I'll be a couple days late on the rent due to the car, but it won't be much more than normal. Still, I'm going to ask them if I can set up a monthly debit on the 5th of every month. I don't know if they do credit/debit cards, but it's worth an ask. I would pay less in bank fees if something did not go through right away and it would be paid each month on the 5th, so I wouldn't have a tendency to be late from the landlord's point of view, since my bank pays things like mortgages and rent over smaller debits. At least that's the theory. I could see where it could go horribly wrong, for that matter. But barring things like more car repairs, I'm set to be on time in June (which starts the new lease I signed the other day,) and hopefully that trend will continue. I never got my carpet cleaned for signing my lease last time. I wonder if they'll still do it? Might as well ask; all they can say is no. They didn't offer this time; I guess the recession is melting away such perks. They used to that or give gifts; one year I got the Mummy series on DVD. :)

Okay, I think it's safe to try to go back to bed. Have a good day. Good night, again.

No comments: