Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I've gotten sucked into an application on Facebook


It's Dungeons & Dragons Tiny Adventures. I am an elf ranger named Esidriel Greenleaf. I've gone on one adventure. The computer basically does the work, but you have control over equipment and stuff like that. Unfortunately my rolls didn't go so well on my first adventure and although I did fine up to the end, I wound up having to run away from the Stronghold of the Drow. Still, I'm about a fifth of the way to the next level and I have a better armour, some potions of glibness, and a little more gold, so it was worth it. :) It's not a bad little diversion. Nothing like real roleplaying, of course (and by that I mean dice and table), or even like the more complex computer games. But still, for a Facebook app, it's pretty sophisticated, and I'm enjoying it.

No comments: