Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bad, bad

I should have done notes after I came home and read the news in Google Reader, since I'm woefully behind, but I got sucked into the last part of the fourth Harry Dresden book, Summer Knight, by Jim Butcher. How can your resist a war between the Courts of Faerie? The sad thing? It's almost midnight and I find myself pining for bed, and I still have a couple of chapters to go, so that must wait until tomorrow. It looks like I'll have some extra time to work on notes on Friday, at least.

I have a slew of stories and other oddities to blog about as well, but I'm just too tired. It hasn't been a rough day, really, although I got up early this morning and did laundry, then fell asleep and missed the bus, so I was late to work. After work I finished all the stuff I didn't get done before the game on Sunday. Hopefully tomorrow will be better; my plan is to get up early and go on in on the bus ahead of the one I normally take so I can stop by Walgreens for some supplies and cash. It's looking like Friday's the day for getting the car towed and the brake job estimated. I'm not sure I'll be able to get it done then; I may have to wait depending on how large a bill it will be.

Gah. It's always something, isn't it?

PS We're really close to the climax of Beyond the Mountains of Madness. It's looking to be sad and dangerous. The suspense is getting me already.

No comments: