Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, August 11, 2008

Got a clean bill of health from the podiatrist

and some samples of a foot cream that soaks in through the thick skin of the foot. It's over the counter but kept behind it in the pharmacy.

I'm about to go on an adventure on the bus for the first time in a couple of years. I'm going to get a 20-punch pass for $15 dollars and a brochure with all the times and maps in it if possible. Coming back home from YKWIA's is a bit of a challenge; the night service runs on a different route, and it's unclear from the map which bus stop at the designated crossroad I take to go back in.

But first, I'm at the library right now (it's near my doctor's office), I'm going to head over to the bank and gas station to get money/laundry quarters and check on whether there's a new schedule or not, and maybe go by GB Warehouse to see about some sturdier shoes since I'll be walking more. My sandals and New Balance athletic shoes are both in sad shape. I don't have much to spend, maybe $20, but it may be enough to find something that will work for now. Fortunately, although I have to cross two major roads, I live near a grocery, several eateries, clothing and department stores, etc., etc. Another good thing, at least I don't have to worry about gas for the next couple of weeks at least. :)

Tomorrow I have a library seminar/consortium meetingn for the Kentucky Medical Library Association at Central Baptist. I'm glad it's in Lexington and on a bus route, at least. But I'm not going to be able to do both that and my physical therapy. :( I'm not sure if the bus even goes down to Tates Creek Centre yet, so that may be a challenge.

I'll write later. Remind me to tell you about the game. Have a good day.

No comments: