Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's noisy out there

No, it's not the traffic, or my neighbours, or anything like that. It's the cicadas, singing in the hedgerow behind my apartment.

Ah, summer.

I'm almost half-awake, despite it being 3 am, although I expect that to deteriorate soon.

Today was very busy. I worked at the hospital, then had to run an errand. I was a little late for job #2 at the station (lots of traffic to contend with, and one traffic jam because of a large intersection's light going out due to a storm we had. That was fun to treat as a four-way stop, with six lanes of traffic). I wound up working with my boss because the other night person had called in. Bless her heart, she got there at 5 am and was going to be there till close at midnight. Not a fun day, plus she lost a filling and is having a lot of pain. She bought us dinner about 5 pm, which was very nice--it was pizza, which I hadn't had in awhile. She was even going to let me leave early but we had trouble with the computer and the car wash so that took awhile to fix. Then it was notes and a decent-sized (1 hour) grocery run. Now I'm at home, finally. I've had some Havarti on sourdough and a container of coconut creme pie yoghurt. It's time to go to bed. I'll see if I can find one quiz or video for you first, though.

No comments: