Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 08, 2007

I've been remiss at blogging

for which I should apologise. For one thing, I found out something this week that is incredibly blogworthy, but I've been mulling how to approach it. It's certainly worthy of mocking, let's put it that way. I'll save that for later. For another, I've just been that busy. Work today, for example, was hectic at both jobs, with lots of interlibrary loan requests at the library and the truck shipment at the gas station. Tomorrow looks to be shelving-so-people-can-find-things; the journals need it in a bad way. Of course, the journals also need to be shifted about two feet down and the ones we don't subscribe to and some of the older ones need to be weeded to leave room for the rest. I am woefully out of journal room--and of course they just keep on coming. Tomorrow I only work four hours at the gas station; I'll be off by 7. (Yay!) I'm working 8 hours on Saturday (off by 6) and then Monday I'm working from 5:30-10. The extra hours are partly due to having to shift borrowed people to other stores that need them and the fact that we have an employee that supposedly has mono and pneumonia and possibly a cyst on his lungs. (Everytime he goes into the doctor/emergency room, they give him a further diagnosis. Hmmmm.) He keeps calling in and asking for a few days off, which makes it very hard to schedule.

I'm hoping to finally have some time off on Tuesday so I can take Cerys to the vet for a cortisone shot for her itchy skin. She's started to do her trilling/rub up against everything/bark thing again.

At some point before the game on Sunday Dee and I are supposed to roll up new characters. We're shooting for Saturday night. I've got a working concept of an ex-military linguist/cryptographer. Years ago I played a linguist (my first character) but she had brain damage and lost most of her language skills. Besides, she's currently inside Yog-Sothoth. But this time I wanted someone good with guns. Guns don't really do much against Cthulhoid entities, but they will take out cultists, and with the evil cult in Arkham forming again, we need every weapon at our disposal. Alright, I'll probably find a quiz or video to cap off the night and then go to sleep. Good night.

No comments: