Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Reason #360 to fear old cars

Don't get me wrong, I like my car. It gets me places regardless of the fact that it's 11 years old, has over 240,000 miles on it, red, and it's a Ford. But today my door interior, which has been coming away from the frame, split along the area where you put your hand to close the door, and my finger got trapped in the crack of plastic, being both cut (very minor owie) and smashed (much more painful). I'm being very careful now, but almost did it again tonight. The pain was shooting up to my elbow at its worst; now it just hurts if I bend my finger much. Did I mention that I'm a hazard to myself?

On the other hand, I learnt a lot about hydrostatic shock tonight, as it was explained to me afterwards.

No comments: