Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Well I finally got the fireworks I thought I'd missed

and I got out of work just in time to go over to the hospital to watch them. Idle Hour Country Club usually has their display on July 4th, but it rained then this year, so it was bumped to today. We knew at the hospital because security and Idle Hour keep in touch over it, so we can handle parking issues. There weren't a lot of people there, though, since it wasn't as publicised, which made it nice for getting back onto Richmond Road. The display itself was fun, a nice blend of big clovers and smaller fireworks, with lots of shapes and colours.

So now I'm here, eating dinner, enjoying some music and having electricity this weekend. I think I may sit on my massaging cushion and do some reading, after I take care of the animals.

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

No comments: