Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 18, 2006

As much as I sometimes squirm and cringe

when my best friend tells me something with his unerring candour, I appreciate it. What drives me mad is when someone has a personal problem with me and rather than speak to me directly about it they go to someone else and ask that person to 'talk to me', when in fact it's none of that person's business. This has happened several times at the hospital; the latest and majority of times the go-betweeen has been my boss.

Why is it that no one seems to have trouble giving me compliments or positive feedback, but a the hint of a problem, they run to my boss and involve her? This was a personal financial matter, not related to my department's budgeting or anything like that. I had a couple of small cheques to the cafeteria that didn't go through because I didn't realise there was still a debit out. I'm paying the cheques, that's not an issue. The problem I have is why couldn't the finance person just have come to me about it rather than involve my boss? It was none of her business. Now I feel embarrassed and angry. Grrr.

No comments: