Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I was all set to blast the Democrat whose campaign

supposedly 'hacked' into Gov. Schwarzeneggar's system, then leaked a controversial audio file to the media (see, just because I'm a Democrat doesn't mean I won't mock stupidity or unethical behaviour, even in my own party).

But--

It sounds very much like no hacking really took place, and that the stupidity lies in Schwarzeneggar's camp, which one, had such a stupid remark (involving Latinos and Blacks) captured, and two, that it was on their website freely available without password. It wasn't out in plain sight, true. But this is California, for crying out loud--I don't think they have a dearth of computer geeks who can handle basic website security.

It should be interesting to see how the political spinners translate to voters, and what the result will be.

No comments: