Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 28, 2006

I had a talk with my psychiatric nurse practitioner

(that sounds like so much of a mouthful), it's just easier to say therapist I suppose, but she doesn't really do therapy so much as medication management, and I have someone else who is actually my therapist. Maybe I can call her my PNP. :)

Anyway, we're decreasing the Paxil to 25 mg for a week (because I was out anyway and had gone down before running out, and she had exactly one package to give me of the 25 mg Paxil CR, and increasing the lamictal up to 200 mg over the next couple of weeks. I'm taking the lamictal at my evening meal to try to counteract the daytime sleepiness I was having when I took it during the day or at bedtime.

So, it should be an interesting 2 weeks, as we see if this works for me. I'm still on the Abilify at the normal dose, too, so that should help keep things on an even keel.

No comments: