Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Well, at 39 I can hear it

It's an annoying, grate-your-teeth high pitched sound. If I heard it in a store, I'd want to leave, too. Hah, take that kids. Now, I'm not sure I'd hear it if I were talking in a busy classroom, but the headache would be a sign.

NPR : Teens Turn 'Repeller' into Adult-Proof Ringtone

Can you hear it? Download the .mp3 from NPR here.

PS I checked with three other people in my office. Of them, three of us could hear it, and we're all over 30. The one who couldn't is a junior in college. :) But she apparently listens to music a lot with headphones, so she may have some damage to her upper range of hearing. We had to turn it all the way up for her to hear anything.

No comments: