Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I happen to be up

And I'm debating on whether to go to the gym before work or after work. I have a dental cleaning appointment today at 3:30, so if I go it will be during 'peak' evening hours as opposed to the normal early afternoon. But I'd rather pick a time and keep to it. Of course, on the weekends I have to go in the morning, but generally I'm not great at getting up ahead of time in order to have plenty of time before work, so afternoon is probably better.

I've also been looking over the classes. I'd like to take Spinning, the Aqua Action & Agility, and Urban Yoga, but I think I'll have to build up to them. Yesterday I did 15 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on a bike. Today I'm going to do 20 minutes of each with a mild weight circuit in between.

The key to losing weight through exercise seems to be 1) consistent cardio workouts, even for short periods of time and 2) doing it every day or at least almost every day. Last time I joined the gym I tended at best to work out three days of the seven. I toned up, but really didn't lose weight. So, the idea is to spend some time at the gym every day doing cardio work, plus three times a week doing strength training (it helps to rest between sessions on that). I'm paying more now that they've gotten rid of the corporate rate, so I have a better incentive to go.

Well, I think I'll go back to sleep until about 7 and get up and do some yoga and get ready. 'Night.

No comments: