Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Slug guts

I was watering my tomato plant in the pot on the front porch tonight when I heard and felt the tell-tale sound and squish of a slug under my feet. Ew. At least I had shoes on. I hated killing it unecessarily, but at least it won't eat my tomatoes.

This has been a busy but productive weekend. The game took some strange turns that really are going to cause us grief, but of course we are masochistic players who come back for more mayhem. I visited a friend on Friday and helped him with some things. I worked at the gas station on Saturday and today, worked on game stuff, prepared for the game (mostly housekeeping, my form of bribing the game master), and that was pretty much it. The only bad thing that happened was that I fell asleep Friday night a couple of hours before I was supposed to pick up a friend, was apparently super tired, and slept right through until 4:30 in the morning. He had to take a cab. He couldn't call me because my phone doesn't have any minutes on it at the moment. I apologised and he's forgiven me, but I hope that doesn't happen again, or at least not any time soon.

That's pretty much it. I'm going to try to get into a regular gym routine this week. On Tuesday I talk to the nurse practitioner who's replacing the psychiatrist I have been seeing (my doctor and her husband are moving their practice to New York to be closer to their son, who is going to college there--can we say there is a little enmeshment going on there?) Thursday I see my therapist. So it's a good mental health week.

Other than that, I don't have plans except to set up some payments for the latter part of the month and see if I can get my meds without going negative.

My Cerys is stretched out on the floor at my feet. I haven't seen much of her this weekend. I think it's time to head to bed and cuddle. Good night.

No comments: