Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 02, 2006

I miss the gym

Isn't that funny, in a woman who weighs about 270 lbs and never was good at sticking to diets or exercise? But I miss working out. Now that I have a chequing account (and more importantly, the almighty CheckCard, which allows you to set up monthly payments as if on a credit card (oddly enough, I got the CheckCard today, the cheques yesterday, even though it was supposed to take the card half the time...I guess the holiday threw things off), I'm going to check into signing up again.

Of course, timing is everything; I need that sort of debit to come out around the 25th of each month so that second paycheque from the hospital has had a chance to hit. So, it'll be about three weeks until I can sign up--assuming nothing else happens to the car or computer. And of course, on top of bills, I hope to go to the new vet. Cerys is limping a little today. It could be a mild sprain...she is having so much trouble getting on and off the bed these days. I'm going to keep her off her feet mostly and see if it clears up in a day or so. If not, then I may be going to the vet sooner than that. I hope it's nothing serious. She did this once a long time ago and then switched feet, making us realise that she was faking for attention. But with her age, I doubt she's feigning this time.

Okay, enough blogging. Off to work.

No comments: