Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 01, 2005

Well, I've made it through seven hours

of the South Beach Diet. So far:
4 am: 1/2 c. non-fat cottage cheese
7 am: 2 hard-boiled vegetarian-fed, cage-free brown eggs
10 am: 1 low-fat mozzarella string cheese stick

Plan for the rest of the day:
Lunch: 1 vegan burger, slice cheese, skim milk, salad, vegetables
Afternoon snack: 1 hard-boiled egg
Dinner: Sesame tofu and broccoli sans rice
Evening snack: Mozzarella stick
Bedtime snack: 1/2 c. cottage cheese

Hey, I'm working on a limited budget and taking baby steps here. Don't worry, I won't blog my daily intake--I'm keeping a food diary on my PDA. But since today is the official start of the diet, I thought I'd put today's choices in, along with my weight, which was 280.4 lbs as of this morning. Gack! But on the plus side, I was up to 282.5, but the water must have sloshed out of my system in the meantime.

The good news is I feel alert and not hungry except when it's time to eat again. No blood sugar dips, etc. Wish me luck. My short-term goal is 20 lbs over 3 months, but eventually the idea is to get down to 150 lbs...a long way in the future. I'd actually be happy just to be under 200, you know? Wish me luck!

No comments: