Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 20, 2003

Onward, phantasy...



I finally saw The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. I enjoyed it, mainly because I haven't read the books (although I am, finally, in process of doing so). I was talking with a friend, the woman I game with, about it, and she was telling me some of the differences. The one incredulous moment I had was when Frodo walks up the the Nazgul on the precipace. Apparently this isn't in the book. I said that if it were that close, it should have just eaten Frodo and gotten the Ring, end of story. Brenda started laughing, cackling, indeed. I am apparently a muse for others. The result of our conversation was put into a short bit of fiction that Brenda wrote and put up online. You should read it. (And, Zabet, P should definitely read it, especially as it takes a problem with the movie to its logical conclusion.) Enjoy.

No comments: