Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 20, 2002

Are you fluffy?



One of the problems with being pagan is that there are a lot of different types of pagans, and depending on what sort of experience others have had with people calling themselves pagan, you may either be seen as evil incarnate or some fluffy airhead. I came out at -18, right under the "not only are you not fluffy, but you positively delight in scaring the fluffies. Now that's not very nice, is it ;-)" but definitely not fluffy. Which makes me happy. I've been referred to as a fundamentalist pagan, mainly because I think reason and experience should be applied to one's faith. Oh, well...oh, and yes, I do make fun of many of the books at the local bookstore, particularly the ones on "Witta" (supposedly Irish Wicca, which seems an odd name as there's no 'w' in Irish!)

No comments: