Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, November 11, 2016

I think

I need a quiet night alone. I'm not feeling the greatest. Not sick or anything, but I feel stressed. I was going to get my rent situated today, but realised only late this afternoon that the banks were closed for Veterans' Day, so I'll have to go tomorrow before I take a friend to an appointment. My stepfather just texted me to tell me my mom is in the hospital. :( I'm hurting a little, and where I didn't have a period last month, I'm making up for it now, so I just feel cranky, bloated, and generally and overall blah.

Breathe.

I have to get A tonight from work at 12, but otherwise I'm free for the evening. I'm going to try to do some reading (I'm reading Ursula K. LeGuin's Tehanu. I read the first three books of the Earthsea Cycle years ago, but I'm trying to finish it out.) I should work on the notes tonight, too, as I may be driving to Danville to see my mom after my friends' appointment. And there's the closet to tackle this weekend as part of my therapy.

But for right now, I'm going to lie down and take a short nap with some music on, and try to relax.

No comments: