Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, November 25, 2016

I think that counts as crashing

I came home, put the food away, did my little blog and Facebook entries, and proceeded to go into the other room, get into my p.j.s, and went straight to bed. I woke up feeling a little uncomfortable (my back, neck, shoulders, and arm are feeling much better, but my feet are really stiff--and I didn't stand as much as the others). I got up to take my medicine, brush my teeth, etc., and had a couple of things from out of the refrigerator. All in all, the hard work we've put in over the last few days, from slicing squash in two with hacksaws to whipping cream and sugar into stiff peaks, was so worth it. Things have been very difficult for all three of us this year, and so it was nice to come together for a good meal. We didn't do the salad or the gougers; we decided we could do those another day. For reasons I can't go into, difficult reasons, YKWIA decided to go all-out this year after all, when originally it was supposed to be scaled back. It was uncertain we were going to be able to pull it off, actually, and while I contributed a lot of work to the endeavour, I really didn't help with the finances, because I couldn't. Every spare dime I can drum up right now is going to the car repairs next week, and they're going to help me with it because I give them rides everywhere--otherwise it would have had to be put off, something that would not have been good considering the car needs a brake job and a new ball joint.

But it all worked out. It was a good day. It was almost like old times. I'm going to have to take some ibuprofen tonight (for reasons I won't go into, I may need to drive tonight, so I can't take the relaxants). I'm sore. Poor YKWIA laid down while we did the clean up. It really takes a lot out of him. I do a lot of the prep work, but he's the main cook, keeps all the recipes straight, orders them in terms of staging, etc. Plus he'd had a few 'sippy, sippy' moments as we cooked, and a small glass of wine at the table (A and I do not drink--I was driving, anyway, and I can't drink half a glass of wine without going under the table, plus I never really developed a taste for alcohol of any sort, and about the only thing I enjoy drinking is mead, which is very sweet, as it's made from honey).

Okay, I'm going to take my meds, brush my teeth, and try to go back to bed. I'm off tomorrow (yay). Good night.

No comments: