Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 03, 2016

:(

Eight pedestrian deaths makes 2016 one of deadliest in decades ... 

This latest death happened within yards of where I was hit by a car four years ago.  I don't know the details,  other than what's been reported.  I do know that when I was hit,  I was in the crosswalk,  crossing with the light at Eagle Creek and Richmond Road,  obeying all laws and such,  and I still had my foot run over, breaking two bones in my right foot,  and breaking my right ankle,  requiring surgery and a three month recovery at home,  off work. And I was lucky.  I survived.  I didn't have life-threatening injuries,  or a head injury.  Yes,  I was left with a scar and an ankle that tends to swell,  but overall,  I've recovered.  My thoughts are with the family and loved ones of this young man and the two men killed last weekend by a drunken driver.  Please folks, be careful out there.

No comments: