Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 20, 2016

I feel a little like Goldilocks

The last time I bought a toothbrush, I accidentally got 'medium' and well, I have sensitive teeth, and it's kind of harsh. Then the dental hygienist gave me one that was 'sensitive' that is so soft, the bristles are starting to bow after a very short time. Enter the brush my dental insurer (Aetna) gave us at our benefits meeting last month, all packaged up with a travel cover, and it's just right, 'soft' without being too soft, and it's got one of those doo-hickeys on the other side for your tongue (funny, I just brush my tongue). Anyway, I'm all ready for bed; brushed, flossed (yay for Habitica), medicine taken. I've had a lot of caffeine, so I'm not sure how long it'll take to sleep, but I feel good. Even my arm, shoulder, neck thing isn't hurting much, just a twinge. I realised, looking at the calendar, that I didn't make an appointment with my physical therapist on this upcoming short week, but it may be okay. I think I'm almost back to normal. We'll see, anyway. And I have it the next week, so if I start hurting there's that, or I'm sure he could try to work me in if needed this week. Of course, I have an appointment after work on Monday, and YKWIA has one on Wednesday, so I'm not sure how that will work. But if I feel as well as I am right now, I'll be back to my old self.

I got on the computer to look at feeding dried brine shrimp to goldfish. You can, but they're rich, so they're not everyday foods. I'm almost out of their regular food, so the shrimp might help it last awhile longer, especially if I crumble it up fine. I want to get pellets next time for the goldfish food, as they're better than flakes and don't make as much mess. I have Betta pellets, but I don't know if those will work. I guess I can Google that as well. [The answer is not really--Bettas eat a lot of protein, as carnivores, and goldfish are omnivores. It won't hurt for a feeding or two, but it shouldn't be done regularly.] If I recall, goldfish have fairly small mouths, although they're just a fancy carp, so I might have to cut the pellets with my fingernail. I just have to get through three more days, though. Also, I'm having a bit of a toilet paper crisis (how appropriate, given my earlier post). Tomorrow I will have to ask YKWIA for some; it the meantime I still have those supposedly flushable cloths made by Cottonelle (they really shouldn't be flushed, you should see what they do in the sewers) to tide me over.

I hope I get one of these jobs I've applied for so that I won't be going down to the wire like this on a regular basis. Most of my next cheque is going to the car repair, even with my friends' help. But hey, even though it's 15 years old, it just passed 62,000 miles, so it's doing pretty well, and I'd like to keep it that way. :)

Okay, it's 2 am. I'd like to get over to YKWIA's for laundry, housecleaning, and the movie Ant-Man from Netflix by 9 am if possible. That may also be a 'we'll see' sort of thing. :) Anyway, have a good night. Hope your weekend is going well.

No comments: