Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Very tired, but

I told myself I would blog regardless. I'm writing on my laptop, as my desktop's monitor is currently over at a friend's, since he was having trouble with his. I'm doing a bit of updating on this machine, too. I figured while that was working, I'd do a little blogging.

Tuesday I was able to finally pay my rent, managing to avoid being taken to court by a very short time, as they would have filed that day. I'd had a cheque arrive on Saturday afternoon and immediately used my phone to put it in, but it didn't post to my account because it wasn't an actual business day, so I had to wait until the funds became available on Tuesday morning. Talk about cutting it close! That night I helped YKWIA cook and had dinner with him and A.

Wednesday was my first physical therapy session on this go-around, and there was an assessment, then some manipulation of my neck, and the traction table. I felt better until about late afternoon. Then the pain, like every afternoon, started to affect my activities. Driving makes it worse, I've noticed. I went over to my friends' house and watched 'The Tomorrow People', which I'm somewhat ambivalent about (we decided that unlike the British original and the remake in the 1990s, this wasn't really 'fun'.) But it's still on the watch list. But 'American Horror Story: Coven' is on the must watch list, and it's winding down, with just a little left in the story. It really is excellent, although creepy and disturbing.

Tonight I'm still hurting. The PT continues on Tuesday, but it will take awhile to get better. I went to the pharmacy earlier, and Kroger, and helped YKWIA make some cabbage soup. Then I trundled on home before it got too late, and before the roads got bad (it's snowing a bit). Today I got some things via Amazon to help with exercise without taking up much room or costing much compared to when I was paying for the Y or the gym. I got a set of 2, 3, and 5 lb weights, three DVDs for beginners (cardio, strength training, and a combination), and a pedaling machine that works both with the feet and hands, but folds away with no trouble and takes almost no room. I also got a set of exercise cords that fit over the door, similar to what I use in PT. That, and using the pedaling machine as a hand cycle, should help my neck. So I have a very compact and cheap home gym, especially when you count the yoga mat, strap, and block as well as the balance ball. That's pretty much anything I might want for cardio and strength training. I'm going to work a bit on my living room tomorrow to make more room to move around. My apartment is fairly tiny, after all, at 750 square feet, much of it containing bookshelves.

Okay, I'm going to go on to bed, I think. Hopefully your week is going well. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. The only plans I have are 'Grimm' and then sometime tomorrow or the next day I'll take my friend to the grocery store. Oh, and I have to do the game notes. :) I also hope to do my taxes this weekend as well. Good night.

No comments: