Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sometimes hyper-vigilance is a good thing

A friend was a little concerned about me driving home tonight. I learned a long time ago to trust his intuition, and after all, it's 16 degrees so there may be icy patches here and there on the roads, so I was paying close attention to my surroundings. On the way home an SUV that really wanted to turn left was thwarted by the fact that Easthills is closed with many police and fire trucks on it, so much that the driver then tried to turn into the left lane prior to Richmond Road even though there were three cars very close together in the space it wanted to occupy. It managed to swerve back into its lane in time. Fortunately I was already turning off of Man O'War, but I saw the near accident. Not sure what's going on at Easthills, but it didn't look good. Just glad to be home safe and sound, on a cold, cold night. Stay safe out there.

No comments: