Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 02, 2014

It's super cold

We didn't get much snow today, and at first we thought there was just the first round of a dusting, although a second round came in just for the evening commute, and I'm not sure how much has fallen since then. But a cold front went through, too, and so now it's 15 degrees Fahrenheit and it's likely to dip down to 10 or less. It's very windy, as well--the wind has been howling outside my window, so the wind chill is near zero. Funny, I used to not notice the wind much from inside, but since they had to replace my windows a couple of years ago (they had cracked for some reason), I've lost some of the weatherproofing or something. It's a little chilly near it, and of course, my computer is just a couple of feet away. I actually closed the curtains tonight (they usually stay open, with just sheers in front of the glass) to help protect the plants in front of the window.

I've done a few things around the house tonight, but I did curl up in a blanket at one point and got toasty, and I'm afraid I fell asleep for a couple of hours. I didn't realise how tired I was. Now I'm going to try to read for awhile. At some point tonight I need to give my monthly libation, despite the cold. :) Okay, I'm heading back to the Kindle and the warm bed, maybe with some cocoa. Good night.

No comments: