Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Today I

went to the pharmacy after work and then over to T-Mobile, where I asked about taking my tablet off my bill and about a discount due to my workplace. Apparently they have you call if you want to take a line off your account, so that the retention people can work on you. But I had good solid reasons for not keeping the broadband on the tablet: a) I am no longer on the bus and am usually around wi-fi, so I no longer need an over the air data connexion, and b) I have unlimited data on my phone with a 2.5 GB hot spot I can use to power the tablet if I'm away from wi-fi. Turns out that they not only could cancel the broadband, but I'm eligible for a free 200 MB of data without overages each month due to my tenure with T-Mobile, and it's something that will be locked in as long as I need it, even if they no longer offer it later. So I can still use some data over the air, and use my hotspot capability if needed when away from wi-fi, like over at YKWIA's, or use the wi-fi when I'm at home, at the library, etc., etc. I'll save about thirty dollars dong that, and then, with the discount that should be available, my bill with be about $40 less than it is, right around $100, give or take a few dollars. Meanwhile, my Samsung Galaxy S3 is almost paid off, although I may upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S5 when they are released around April or so. If not, my bill will go down by about $20 more. Yay!

Then I got some gas at Kroger ($2.74 with the 40 cents off from my Plus card!), got a few things for tonight there, and headed over to YKWIA's for the finale of 'American Horror Story: Coven'. I loved it, and won't give any spoilers here, but I think it ended on the right note.

I also ordered the DVD for the fourth season of 'Downton Abbey' from Amazon and it should be here Friday, which is interesting, as the show doesn't finish up here in the States until late February. So I'll have the whole set. :)

Okay, I got home late because of AHS, and it's after 1:30 am. I'm cramping (getting ready for my period) and my muscles are all knotted up, and feeling no-so-great, so I'm going to take care of a few things, stretch out in bed, and hopefully go on to sleep. Good night.

No comments: