Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Up kind of late

I laid down about 8:15 and then YKWIA called about 10:30 and we talked till 11 or so. So then I was awake. I did a little looking into alternatives to using a gym that included walking, of course, but also I was interested in a bit of weight training, cardio, yoga, and such. One thing I found was a pedal thing that can be used with the legs or hands to exercise. It's not fancy, but it folds to go anywhere, isn't expensive, gives a bike-like workout, and takes up almost no space if it goes ahead and gathers dust in a closet. I decided to risk it. I also found a couple of cheap DVD workouts for beginners that looked promising, and got a set of three pairs of weights. I have a yoga mat, block, and strap, as well as DVDs for that, as well as resistance bands and a balance ball, that sort of thing. There are also videos in the Fitness section of my Smart TV applications. So really, who needs the gym? [Well, okay, there is the year-round pool aspect of a gym, but many don't have pools, and at least I have three months out of the year in my apartment complex.] And there's no giant equipment to trip over (I have a very small apartment). The balance ball actually takes up the most space. :)

Okay, I've gotten a little sleepy. It's almost one o'clock in the morning. Good night!

No comments: