Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 26, 2014

It feels positively balmy

holding steady at 11 pm at 48 degrees, our high for today. Even the projected low, 23 is higher than most of our highs lately. So needless to say, when I got home from the game, the first thing I did was take my trash and recyclables out, then cleaned out the fridge and did some dishes. Sadly, we're going to plummet again, as tomorrow is forecast around 0 or 1 degrees Fahrenheit. Not fun. A high for Tuesday will be about 13. So I'm practically basking as I long as I can.

Yesterday we got four inches of snow, which, with the high winds, drifted quite a bit. But the streets are in decent shape thanks to the warming above freezing. We may get some rain and snow tonight, and a bit of snow in the morning, but the plunge to single digit temps for the third time this month is the big story.

I didn't get much done on my 'snow day' yesterday. I did a lot of napping, and worked on my physical therapy exercises, all of them, but didn't do so well about watching TV, although I did watch a couple of hours of the Smithsonian channel, a programme on the finding of Richard III's body and one on Sitting Bull and the Battle of Little Bighorn that were both interesting. I still haven't watched 'Grimm', 'Sherlock', or 'Downton Abbey', though.

I struggled with the notes for awhile last night, then spoke with YKWIA for an hour on the phone and returned to them, only to stall. We'd talked about something that's going on in my life that I haven't fully dealt with, and it just made me want to curl up in a ball some more. So, I went to bed and kept trying to wake up every hour on the hour, without much success. I finally got up about 6:30 and finished them shortly after 8 am. I know I shouldn't have that much trouble doing them, and it's really helpful to do them, but I just dragged this time. I am glad I brought my laptop with me, because in my sleep-deprived state I didn't manage to get the correct files into my Dropbox files for access from my phone. Overall, I didn't get decent sleep, so I find myself (after way too much soda) as still a bit pumped up by the game (in which things were resolved that had been issues, but one of my characters was suddenly nearly killed, and may still die, unless they can figure out how to get her out of a stasis) but pretty sleepy at the same time. It's been a long day of housecleaning, grocery shopping, gaming, etc. I've also recorded 'Downton Abbey' and 'Sherlock' to watch later.

Tomorrow I have physical therapy. Tuesday it's a dental cleaning in preparation for some oral surgery. At some point I've also got to go get some medicine from the pharmacy, too. And I should go ahead and do my taxes, as I have all the paperwork I need. But for now, I think I'll call it a night. Hope you had a good weekend as well, and have a good week ahead. Stay warm. Good night.

No comments: