Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Another pain day

So yesterday I did not work out because my ankle was badly swollen and my back was still an issue. I had some strange idea that I would get up at five this morning and go. That came, and my back was hurting enough to wake me up, so I decided no, I should wait til it's better, and talk with my doctor in the meantime.

By seven I got out of bed and could barely walk. Pains were shooting down my legs.  I took three ibuprofen pills and called in to work. I told them if it improves I'll come in. I went back to bed.

A few minutes ago I got up and it didn't seem too bad. Then I walked. I'm heading back to bed with ice. It is slightly better than this morning, but I can barely move. I'm not sure about sitting up for any length of time. I'll try this afternoon.

No comments: