Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 23, 2013

That actually worked out better than I'd hoped

I went over to Office Depot and looked at the Microsoft mouse selection, and found one that was $30 off, so only $9.95. It is called the Explorer Touch, is wireless, and instead of a scroll wheel, it has a touch strip that you go up or down on vertically or go side to side to scroll. I suppose it's been discontinued, as I didn't find it online at their site, but it works for me because it is one of the models recognised by the evil software. So now I have a left-handed mouse again. I will have to remember to turn it off, and it's interesting getting used to just touching the strip (but then I'm also getting used to the new keyboard, and it's going pretty well, just a bit of backspacing here and there).

Today I went on a grocery run for my friends, watched Despicable Me with both of them (I do love that movie; it always makes me laugh: 'It's so fluffy!') One of us is like a blend of Gru and Margo, one is like Edith, and I'm somewhat like Agnes. And I do adore the minions. I'm looking forward to the sequel later this year. I also watched 'Green Lantern' and 'Young Justice' over there, as well as more 'Waiting for God'. In other words, it was a relaxing day with friends, primarily. But now it's reached evening and I have three or four projects that must be completed before tomorrow, if at all possible. I got the mouse installed (and it's working like a charm) but I also need to straighten up the living room and kitchen, take out the garbage, do the game notes for tomorrow's Call of Cthulhu game, and work on a professional project, which is due tomorrow. So, time to get busy.

No comments: