Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 22, 2013

I hope this case is moving forward

Each day, there is usually one news story, often involving a child, that just chills me to the bone. Today's was the callous murder of a toddler during a robbery attempt Thursday in Georgia. So I was somewhat heartened to hear that the police there have two suspects in custody, one 17, one 14. Still, it's a horrible thing, for all involved.

Two youths arrested in shooting death of Georgia baby
"A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn't have any money. And he said, 'Give me your money or I'm going to kill you and I'm going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,' and I said, 'I don't have any money,' and 'Don't kill my baby.'" The boy tried to grab her purse and opened fire when she said tried to tell him she had no money, West said, with the shot grazing her head. She said the boy then shot her in the leg.

West continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."
The boy who was shot was in his stroller, and was just a little over a year old. My thoughts are with the family of this toddler, and for the two boys involved in his death. Something, somewhere went totally wrong somewhere there. I do agree with charging the 17 year old as an adult, and the 14 year old as a juvenile. The whole thing is just so sad.

No comments: