Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 01, 2013

On a brighter note

I went to the ophthalmologist today and my ocular pressure has actually gone down and there is no sign of diabetes-related changes to my eyes. This is wonderful news.

Of course, to find this out I had to have both numbing drops (for the test for pressure--unlike the optometrists' air-blowing machine, this actually has a part to it that touches the eye) and dilation drops to take pictures of my eye (so I had to use a little sunshade that fits on glasses to drive back to work, even though it was cloudy and snowing). My eyes are still a bit blurry and light-sensitive. I made an appointment for September and asked about the field of vision test. I can wear my contacts for that appointment, and it would be best to do so for that test, as with my glasses I see reflections and hit the button too much, sort of like when you're playing a video game, when in actuality there's only one spot of light at a time.

No comments: