Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 25, 2013

I have got to sit down, as my back is bothering me

I called a friend and checked on him, then I filled the fish tank completely up (and that took three full 5-gallon buckets, as it was down pretty low), treated the water, cleaned off the algae from the glass, took out some of the Java moss (the stuff grows amazingly fast), fed the fish, and they're quite happier. I watered the houseplants. I also gathered up recyclables and went through papers, excavated the couch, got together the trash, and figured out how to use my nifty new kitchen scale. I discovered that the two pieces of pineapple I ate had 43 calories but 11 grams of carbohydrates. It should help with carb counting. I did get the first disc to the first season of 'Grimm' today, and I'm tempted to watch an episode, but I think I'll read a book that I have a review of due on Wednesday. I corrected a proof to one of my book reviews today as well, so it should be published soon. Yay. It will be in The Journal of Hospital Librarianship.

Listening to Bruno Mars, 'When I Was Your Man'. I do rather like it. Sometimes people just don't get the romantic stuff right. A little romance goes a long way. :)

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

This song really gets to me.