Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I don't quite get

why I was so tired tonight. I suppose it's still related to the time change, as I did nothing particularly strenuous today. But by the time I got home, my ankle was swollen and hurting, and I felt just absolutely exhausted. I'd worked all day, and then eaten dinner with friends (Subway, no cooking involved), and worked just a bit on an e-mail conundrum (he can get other e-mails, but not mine, I can send other e-mails, but not to him, and they're on the safe list and not being put in spam or anything like that). I didn't have much luck with that. They were both tired, too, and not up to a real visit, so I went on home, at which time I laid down for 'just an hour'. Next thing I knew four had gone by. Wow. So I'm up now, briefly, to take some medicine.

Tomorrow I have a library committee meeting followed by a Medical Library Association webcast at the University of Kentucky on librarians' roles in preventing diagnostic error. Then I'll head back to work and finish up before going back to my friends' house to work on the project we were going to do tonight. Busy, busy.

One thing I brought my friend tonight was some black walnuts I found at Good Foods Co-op. I knew he liked them, but didn't realise how much he loved them, so it was nice to find something he enjoyed. I had a sudden desire to go yesterday evening and I re-activated my ownership/membership and got some produce, dairy products, and frozen foods, along with a beautiful set of ceramic mixing bowls that have pour-spouts and handles and nest together. Tonight, as I lay in bed thinking, I had the sudden urge to get up and cook, although I promised I wouldn't eat anything else tonight because the Subway sandwich put me way over my calorie counting for the day. (A footlong tuna is over 1400 calories!) What I am going to do is make a salad tonight to take tomorrow. I have some orange Greek Gods yoghurt at work already, and I'll add in an orange and one of the Indian entrees or maybe some eggplant parmigiana that I have in the freezer. I find that the keeping track of what I eat is pretty easy with My Fitness Pal, which so far has had any food I've put in, including prepared food that I've scanned with the barcode reader.

Okay, I'm off to making that salad. Good night. :)

No comments: