Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 23, 2013

I happen to have

a Microsoft laptop mouse, so I thought I might try to put that on the desktop, change the button to left, and then see if the mouse settings stayed for my normal, non-Microsoft mouse, but no, they didn't. I have two mice for the laptop, the Microsoft one, which is corded, and a Logitech wireless mouse. I will not be putting the cusotmisation center onto the laptop, as I don't want to invalidate the settings on my wireless mouse. Which by the way, was set up with left-handedness from the get-go, so maybe that was a function of being signed into my Microsoft account. If that's the case, it may have actually reverted to the right hand due to all this. I'm going to go check. Grrr....

Well, the good news is that the Logitech mouse works fine. Perhaps it's a function of which side I put the transmitter on. But I'm going to keep things as is on the laptop. The keyboard for the desktop really does require the program to be used correctly, so I may have to get another mouse if I want it left-handed. That is annoying. Well played, Microsoft. I didn't realise I was going down a dark road when I bought this keyboard. I will say it does take some getting used to as far as typing on a slanted and decompressed keyboard, but my wrists do feel better, so maybe it will be worth it. Maybe. My keyboard tray also will not slip back in because the keyboard is too high. I am not going to go get another computer desk due to that. Sigh.

No comments: