Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Warm

I walked into the house and it seemed like a greenhouse. Mind you, it's only 54 degrees outside, but sunny, and I'd already taken off my little hooded jacket and was comfortable in a T-shirt (the cat one I got the other day). So I opened my windows; I'm hoping it won't hurt the orchid to cool down the house a bit. I didn't open the window directly in front of it just to be on the safe side. It's actually getting some indirect sun today, after days of being so dreary and dark.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 72 degrees, Thursday 78, and my birthday 76, all nice and sunny. I did buy a new umbrella at Walgreens this afternoon when I picked up a couple of meds just to be prepared for the rain's return, when it happens. They had to wheel the umbrella rack out for me when I asked where they'd gone--they only bring them out on rainy days, apparently. It's a bright rainbow pattern, good for pedestrians to have, small enough to fit in a purse, but with a large coverage. Here's hoping it lasts longer than the last one. I also bought a bag that's smaller than my satchel, but I think most things that I actually need will fit in it. It's green silk patches, the type where there are no real pockets, just a casual purse. But it was just $6, and it fit my personality. I'm not really into green, but this is a sage with some purple and brown in the details, and most of my wardrobe is purple, black, brown, cream, and one sage sweater.

Yesterday I'd had a follow-up with the nurse practitioner about my neck and the EMG results. I asked him about the leg cramps. He thought I was probably dehydrated and perhaps low on potassium. I ate bananas yesterday and had a strawberry/banana smoothie, drank some water (I'm bad about that) and actually slept well last night with no cramps.

I had not realised how late I got in last night until I looked at the post time for the little bit I wrote then. I started the leaving process about 12:30 or 1 am; I guess the cab took longer than I thought it had. I was half asleep anyway, so my time sense went out the window. The cab driver got lost last night, so he just charged me $10, which is about the usual fare. That was nice. And it wasn't a van, thankfully. I find it impossible to gracefully get into the back of a van. One friend described it as 'whales on ice'. Yeah. I love A. Really. That's okay, I mock him, too. The sad thing, is, I can't argue with the description. Thank goodness I haven't had to get in with a skirt on, I'd moon the neighbourhood, as YKWIA said.

When I got home today there was a birthday card from my grandmother in my mailbox that was very nice and had a white cat on it. My cat Spock was white, and it brought back good memories of him.

{Quite a bit latter}
A friend called while I was posting and I talked with him for some time, and then I took a nap in a sunbeam. So far it's been a good day, and coming home in mid-afternoon was wonderful. Now it's time to buckle down and finish the stuff around the house I didn't to on Sunday. I need to:

  1. Pick up the living and dining areas.
  2. Do the dishes.
  3. Straighten up the kitchen.
  4. Clean the cabinets, stove, and microwave.
  5. Sweep and mop the kitchen.
  6. Go through the mail.
  7. Run the vacuum.
  8. Take out the trash.

    Plus...

  9. Call my mother.
  10. Fill out my census form.
  11. Enter more books into LibraryThing (was too tired to do that last night).
  12. Practice more Latin (was too tired to do that last night)
  13. Work on the game notes.
Realistically, I doubt I'll get to read tonight, but I will put on a DVD on the computer or something from the DVR while I do the living room.

No comments: